Memorial Day-Remembered


Every Memorial Day I watch the parade here in town. It isn't a big event but it is enough to remind us of what is important in life. This gentleman is in the parade every year. I suppose in many ways I always dread the year he won't be. Clad in an original military uniform of wool, not matter how hot it is, he marches with his fellow VFW members. He is the oldest living member of the VFW in town.

My father, who passed away two years ago, fought in the Korean War. I guess the parade has a whole new meaning to me these last two years in particular. It isn't about the Boy Scouts, the Twirlers or other groups. It is the men that fought for our freedom who really bring the tears to my eyes. So, on this Memorial Day, to the family of those whose family have fought/or continue to fight, for our freedom, and for those whose families have died doing so...I merely say Thank You, and may God Bless each and every one of you.




Comments

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I feel that everyone has something to share and it is your comments that help me with my work; knowing what is liked and perhaps what is not.

Popular posts from this blog

Skull Appreciation Day

The World Traveler

Memory Jar