After the wedding

I am still trying to get caught up with things but I'm so glad the wedding is over with and now their lives together begin. It is amazing how much you have to do at the last minute. I was lucky that my daughter-in-law's family did all the planning but there were still a lot of things to be done. Sadly they had rain on the wedding day but it didn't dampen spirits. Everyone had a great time and they got some great outdoor photos in spite of the rain. One of my favorites is of them under an umbrella looking over their shoulder. It is so nice to see how happy my son is and how much having Rachel in his life means to him. I don't think there is any greater thing a mother can wish for than the happiness of her children. This was his second marriage but in many ways it was his first. I can see the love and respect they have for each other and nothing was taken for granted. They make a great couple and I am so proud of him for putting his faith in Rachel's hands and taking that giant leap. My grandson is so happy. He loves Rachel and has from the first few times they met. She takes her time with him and reads with him, teaches him things and spends quality time with him. She loves him as if he were her own, and his love for her is so immense. In his own words, "I know she is my step-mom, but she is just *mom* to me". He was so excited about the wedding and about wearing a tux just like his dad and having shiny shoes just like his dad. They looked great. So, their home is now full of much more laughter and love and a few extra furry friends. Noah and I made scrapbooks of the dog and the cats for them while they were on their honeymoon. We still have some photos to add to them and I'm sure there will be some great ones that get added over time. All of the furry critters get along just fine. My son's cat is happy to share the home with Rachel's three. Food may be a different story to him, but he is learning that the other cat's will leave him some. He does love the camaraderie of more furry felines!

Comments

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I feel that everyone has something to share and it is your comments that help me with my work; knowing what is liked and perhaps what is not.

Popular posts from this blog

Skull Appreciation Day

The World Traveler

Memory Jar