Sunset on the beach


The sun on my face, the sand between my toes, chasing waves for sea glass, tiny seashells in hand. The sound of the surf, the far cry of the gulls, the way the waves make me smile, create my perfect day. The glow of the sky, the brilliant orange yellow and red, as the sun sets slowly, just brings peace to my world. Even if only for those precious moments in time, I am lost in the serenity of all that was created.

A glass of fine wine, candlelight flickering in the room, the faint scent of lavendar and the softest silken sheets. My husband by my side, the lake breeze flowing into the room, his warm hand entwined in mine and I remember that moment I first fell in love. No matter what lies behind us or what we encounter ahead, I know he is with me, until that very last sunset.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skull Appreciation Day

The World Traveler

Memory Jar