Memory Jar

During a recent visit to Northeast PA, I happened upon an antique shop whose name I will have to add later. He was very kind about letting me take pictures of several things. The one thing that intrigued me most was a concrete memory pot. I've seen them made of several materials and including a lot of different things but there was something different about this particular pot. I still can't put my finger on it but it seemed like something meant to settle their lives. I wouldn't be surprised if the person who discovered it, also happened to also find remains in it.

Anyway, here are the photos. Be sure to click on them to enlarge them for detail. I'm interested to hear other opinions. The price if you are interested, is $1100.00.








Comments

  1. Very interesting jar. Clever idea.
    I was expecting to see a jar full of goodies and this was a pleasantly artistic piece.
    I'm thinking you'd have to have everything ready and start sticking the pieces to the jar before the concrete dried.
    Would love to know the person behind this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone was certainly working something out!!
    My MIL had a planter pot done this way with marbles, metal things and creek rocks she had collected. She never said it was significant, nor did she indicate that she had actually made it. Now I wonder if it was a Pennsylvania/country thing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I feel that everyone has something to share and it is your comments that help me with my work; knowing what is liked and perhaps what is not.

Popular posts from this blog

Skull Appreciation Day

The World Traveler