Painted Tin Plate



I belong to a wonderful group on Yahoo groups called Altered_stArt. We have wonderful swaps within the group, but it is the camaraderie of the group that is unbeatable. Usually we have about 4-5 swaps to choose from every month. We make everything from Artist Trading Cards to altered charms, tag books, altered books, altered tins, you name it we have probably swapped it. If not, we just may next month! lol

Kristal is a member of the group who started something this summer called "Kristal's Challenge". She challenges us to create something special in the style of an artist we admire and we may either keep it or give it away. This month, I chose to paint a tin plate with a design by Maureen McNaughton MDA. I love her techniques and designs.

Since I finished the plate at the time I would need to in order to enter it in our local fair, I did just that. I was thrilled to win a second place ribbon on it. I owe many thanks to Kristal for inspiring all of us to keep on creating and to do something special for ourselves now and then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skull Appreciation Day

The World Traveler

Memory Jar