Kumihimo


Our beading group recently had a wonderful Kumihimo class taught by Carolyn. She is a very knowledgeable teacher and everyone went home with beautiful bracelets and materials for a second one! I had wanted to learn this Japanese form of braid-making for some time now. It was apparent right from the start that working with both hands was the best way to keep the cords going where they should. There are a few beads out of place on my first two bracelets but I am thrilled with them! I can't wait to make some of the other types of braids and perhaps even build my own marudai! I have a collection of obijimes that I want to make braids for. It will keep me busy when winter comes!

Thank you Carolyn for such a wonderful class!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skull Appreciation Day

The World Traveler

Memory Jar